The Art of Controversy ,The Art of Being Right
'The Art of Controversy ,The Art of Being Right' Summary
- The Extension (Dana's Law)
- The Homonymy
- Generalize Your Opponent's Specific Statements
- Conceal Your Game
- False Propositions
- Postulate What Has to Be Proved
- Yield Admissions Through Questions
- Make Your Opponent Angry
- Questions in Detouring Order
- Take Advantage of the Nay-Sayer
- Generalize Admissions of Specific Cases
- Choose Metaphors Favourable to Your Proposition
- Agree to Reject the Counter-Proposition
- Claim Victory Despite Defeat
- Use Seemingly Absurd Propositions
- Arguments Ad Hominem
- Defense Through Subtle Distinction
- Interrupt, Break, Divert the Dispute
- Generalize the Matter, Then Argue Against it
- Draw Conclusions Yourself
- Meet Him With a Counter-Argument as Bad as His
- Petitio principii
- Make Him Exaggerate His Statement
- State a False Syllogism
- Find One Instance to the Contrary
- Turn the Tables
- Anger Indicates a Weak Point
- Persuade the Audience, Not the Opponent
- Appeal to Authority Rather Than Reason
- This Is Beyond Me
- Put His Thesis into Some Odious Category
- It Applies in Theory, but Not in Practice
- Don't Let Him Off the Hook
- Will Is More Effective Than Insight
- Bewilder Your opponent by Mere Bombast
- A Faulty Proof Refutes His Whole Position
- Become Personal, Insulting, Rude (argumentum ad personam)
Arthur Schopenhauer was a German philosopher born on February 22, 1788, in Danzig (present-day Gdańsk, Poland). He is best known for his work "The World as Will and Representation", which was publishe...More on Arthur Schopenhauer
- Select Speed
Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion by David Hume
Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion is a philosophical work by the Scottish philosopher David Hume, first published in 1779. Through dialogue, three...
How to Live on Twenty-Four Hours a Day by Arnold Bennett
This book is a classic piece on self-improvement teaching you to live to the fullest. Judging from the title of the book, the reader might expect tha...
Laugh and Live by Douglas Fairbanks
Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. was an American actor, screenwriter, director and producer. He was best known for his swashbuckling roles in silent films such...
An Iron Will by Orison Swett Marden
Orison Swett Marden was well-known at the turn of the 20th century for his inspirational and spiritual books of self-help. This one deals with the imp...
Above Life's Turmoil by James Allen
Combining elements of Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism with concepts dealing with self-discipline, motivation and the power of positive thinking, J...
Byways to Blessedness by James Allen
James Allen instructs us on how to improve our life and spiritual well-being through the power of positive thinking. He teaches us to live in the pres...
The Life Triumphant by James Allen
Are you tired of ignoring your conscience? Do you want to to follow the inward guide to wherever it may lead? Are you ready to realise your full poten...
All These Things Added by James Allen
In seeking for pleasures here and rewards hereafter men have destroyed (in their hearts) the Temple of Righteousness, and have wandered from the Kingd...
Thought Vibration, or The Law of Attraction in the Thought World by William Walker Atkinson, Theron Q. Dumont
William Walker Atkinson was an attorney, merchant, publisher, and author, as well as an occultist and an American pioneer of the New Thought movement.
The Science Of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
The Science Of Getting Rich By Wallace D. Wattles has applications of Law of Attraction. As featured in the bestselling book The Secret, here is the l...
Reviews for The Art of Controversy ,The Art of Being Right
No reviews posted or approved, yet...