A Series of Lessons in Raja Yoga
'A Series of Lessons in Raja Yoga' Summary
A Series of Lessons in Raja Yoga is a book by William Walker Atkinson, first published in 1906. It is a compilation of lessons on the Hindu system of Raja Yoga, which is a form of meditation and mental discipline.
The book is divided into twelve lessons, each of which covers a different aspect of Raja Yoga. The lessons include topics such as:
- The nature of the mind
- The different states of consciousness
- The cultivation of concentration
- The development of willpower
- The practice of meditation
The book is written in a clear and concise style, and it is easy to follow. Atkinson provides a wealth of information on Raja Yoga, and he offers practical exercises that the reader can use to improve their mental and spiritual development.
A Series of Lessons in Raja Yoga is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in learning more about this ancient system of meditation and mental discipline. It is a book that can help you to improve your concentration, develop your willpower, and achieve a higher state of consciousness.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the book:
- The mind is a powerful tool that can be used to control our thoughts, feelings, and actions.
- Meditation is a practice that can help us to develop concentration, willpower, and intuition.
- Raja Yoga is a system of meditation that can help us to achieve a higher state of consciousness.
William Walker Atkinson (December 5, 1862 – November 22, 1932) was an attorney, merchant, publisher, and author, as well as an occultist and an American pioneer of the New Thought movement. He is the...More on William Walker Atkinson, Theron Q. Dumont
Embark on a captivating journey of self-discovery with "Home Education Series Vol. IV: Ourselves, Book I. Self-Knowledge" by Charlotte Mason. Unveil t...
Reviews for A Series of Lessons in Raja Yoga
No reviews posted or approved, yet...